COMMITMENT TO QUALITY ASSURANCE
As pet parents and pet food manufacturers, we understand pets can’t speak for themselves. We have a duty to speak for them.
We trust and empower our team to be honest, have strong moral principles, and to exceed ethical standards every day. We recognize every decision we make directly impacts the health and wellness of our extended family members— you and your pets. And because pets are part of our families too, there’s a personal stake in every decision we make.
At Redbarn, we aim to be the best. To us, that means continually investing both time and money into our quality assurance programs— purchasing new machinery, hiring talented and educated Redbarn family members, and utilizing up-to-date and improved processing and testing protocols.
A rarity for pet treat companies, Redbarn owns and operates two state-of-the-art labs where:
- Our QA team performs more than 2,500 tests per month. We run daily physical, chemical, and microbiological tests on every batch of raw and finished products, as well as randomly pulled samples throughout the cooking process. We want every pet parent to feel confident treating their pet to Redbarn Pet Products!
- Our state-of-the-art equipment keeps our treats sanitary. Food Grade Air Sanitation machines, called KES Aircoide machines, continuously circulate air, mineralizing airborne bacteria, mold, fungi, viruses, allergens, odors, and more. Our entire plant and QA testing rooms are also temperature-controlled, preventing insects or harmful toxins from taking up residence.
- We hold ourselves accountable. We utilize an outside ISO accredited laboratory, verifying the accuracy of our tests. Our management team also conducts monthly internal audits to ensure we’re consistently exceeding industry standards under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Finally, all Redbarn facilities are subject to random audits by the USDA and the FDA.
Redbarn facilities operate under Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). Monitored by the FDA, HACCP is a management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards.
Our HACCP programs are specifically designed for our facilities and the pet food, treats and chews we produce and store.
Contamination: How Do We Prevent it?
Redbarn is in a committed relationship with quality assurance. With internal and external monitoring and auditing, Redbarn has industry-leading safety protocols in place:
- All suppliers must submit a Certificate of Analysis, verifying the grade and purity of their raw materials with every shipment
- We test all raw material for safety before beginning our small batch cooking process
- Our QA team performs daily microbiological tests; mold, yeast, and salmonella screenings; and, water specification tests, totaling more than 800 per week
- Every single batch of our finished product is tested for quality and safety
- Our chews and treats are oven-roasted for maximum safety and quality (and flavor!)
- Our natural chews are 100% handcrafted
All of our 200 plus products, from rolled and canned food to bully sticks and filled treats, are continuously and consistently held to these high standards.
Your Pet's Safety is Our Priority
We are a small, family-owned business at heart. But when it comes to quality assurance, we consider ourselves a giant, family-owned business. Over the past 20 years, our co-founders formed lasting relationships with farmers, ranchers, and fisherman, allowing us to self-source natural, sustainable ingredients. We invested in multiple company-owned and operated kitchens, allowing us to effectively implement safety and quality standards. And, we hired talented and dedicated QA team members, allowing us to monitor the quality and safety of every batch we prepare.
At Redbarn, we care about your pet’s safety.
Redbarn Promises to Continue Investing in
Research & Development
We promise to always put your pet’s safety first by continually investing both time and money into our quality assurance programs.
If for any reason, you and your pet are not 100 percent satisfied with your Redbarn treats, chews, or food, you may return it for a full refund or try a new product free of charge. Simply contact our customer service specialists for help.
We care about
Before Redbarn, we remember the frustration of trying to find natural dog and cat treats with honest marketing. It’s why we value integrity and transparency today. We take the extra time to conduct necessary research, to ensure a product is 100 percent safe, and to make sure we’re truthful in every statement we make.
Natural is not just a trend for Redbarn. It’s a philosophy baked into our company’s founding back in 1996. Our family cooks products that not only speak to current trends or desires, but genuinely help support the health, wellness, and longevity of our pets.
As we continue to embrace our roots, we find ourselves energized by the increasing interest of pet parents into the nutritional and functional benefits of what they feed their pets. Through our educational blog content, social media channels, in-store materials (and more!), we look forward to helping you become an educated pet parent, whether you choose Redbarn Pet Products or not.CONTACT US NOW